What is Methandienone (Dianabol)?
Competitive athletes, bodybuilders, and powerlifters have been trying to push the limits of their bodies for decades now, and a lot of them have been succeeding too. Exercise regimes and diet plans have undergone a profound change in the last few decades. However, there is a limit beyond which the human body does not allow muscle growth. But athletes have been successful in pushing these limits as well.
Methandienone, also known as Dianabol, is the means by which athletes push the natural limits of their bodies. Methandienone is an androgenic and anabolic steroid (AAS) that is taken orally and has been a favorite staple of bodybuilders and powerlifters for a very long time. It is known to create dramatic results in a very small amount of time and for that reason is very popular. It has been used for close to fifty years now, and even the great Arnold Schwarzenegger has admitted to using it during his peak form.
How do you administer Methandienone?
Methandienone is taken orally as it is available in tablets. For best effects, it should be taken in a cycle of six weeks. It should be administered in a pyramid scheme, which means to start and end on low doses and keep the middle doses the largest. So during the first two weeks, the dosage should be 50 mg per day. During the third and fourth week, the dosage should be 100 mg per day. And the last two weeks the dosage should be again brought down to 50 mg. The daily dose should be divided into four to five parts that are taken over the course of the day.
Always remember that no steroid should be taken without first having it cleared by your physician. Methandienone is a testosterone inhibitor and for that reason, it is usually stacked with either testosterone or a substitute. Thus during the cycle of Methandienone, it is recommended to take 250 mg of testosterone per week. It can also be stacked with an aromatase inhibitor. It is usually taken at the beginning of a cycle in order to get a great head start during your training. It can also be taken between cycles in order to break plateaus and give a push to growth. It is also extremely important to maintain a strict diet and exercise regime during the cycle.
[sc name=”natural steroids”]
Benefits of Methandienone
Methandienone, as mentioned earlier, is very popular due to the fact that it works very effectively. When cycled properly and with guidance from a trained physician, it helps athletes achieve desired results. The benefits of Methandienone include:
- Increased protein synthesis – Methandienone is particularly effective in protein metabolism and promoting protein synthesis. As a result, it provides better results than taking the same amount of testosterone. As mentioned earlier, it also does this in much shorter a time frame as compared to the other steroids in the market.
- Nitrogen retention – Proteins, the building blocks of muscles are made from amino acids. As the body uses proteins the amount of nitrogen in the body goes down. A negative nitrogen level points at the fact that the body cannot repair muscles. Methandienone helps in providing the body with excess nitrogen so that the body can recover faster and put on muscle mass.
- Efficient absorption – Methandienone is one of the, if not the, most potent anabolic steroid that can be orally administered. This is because as the pill passes through the liver only a small part of it is absorbed, thus leaving the remaining chemical to help the body put on muscle mass. This is one of the major reasons for its popularity.
- High predictability – Methandienone has been popular in the bodybuilding and competitive athlete circles for around fifty years now. This means that a wide variety of athletes have used it, with a wide variety of effects both positive and negative. As a result, Methandienone’s effects are highly predictable, and users are well aware of them. There is no surprise on any part of the spectrum.
- Perfect for bulking – Methandienone has been particularly sought by athletes who are trying to bulk up during the offseason, and time and again Methandienone has not let them down. It also helps in increasing the stamina and endurance of the athletes. Thus it is a great drug to be taken during the run-up to a big event. Users have reported gains of twenty to thirty pounds in a single week, and while part of it is water retention, a good part is also lean muscle.
Drawbacks and side effects of Methandienone
Methandienone is not all flowers and rainbows, however. Like every other anabolic steroid, it has its own share of drawbacks that you should be aware of before taking it. The side effects include:
- Symptoms of male hormone imbalance – Methandienone is an androgen and anabolic steroid (AAS) which means that it increases the proportion of androgen a male hormone in the body. As a result, its side effects are typical to those of a hormonal imbalance. Acne, increased body hair growth, male pattern baldness, voice changes, and increased sexual desire are frequently observed.
- Symptoms of female hormone imbalance – Methandienone sometimes causes the estrogen levels in the body to go up. As a result, the side effects observed are those of an estrogen overdose like fluid retention, breast enlargement, and liver damage.
- Controlled substance status – Methandienone is a controlled substance in USA and UK. While it is available without prescription in Mexico, one cannot deny that controlled substances are banned for a reason, and that is usually because they cause harm to the body. Also, while it is used by bodybuilders and athletes, the proved possession is a felony and punishable by law.
- Legal alternatives – There are certain legal alternatives available for Methandienone. These are available in the USA without a prescription and their possession is obviously not a felony punishable by prison time. These can be looked at as viable substitutes by bodybuilders and athletes.
- Testosterone inhibition – Methandienone causes inhibition of testosterone. This is one of the reasons why it is usually stacked with testosterone or a substitute. A small miscalculation in this stacking is what causes hormonal imbalance and the effects mentioned above.
The final verdict is a mixed bag and the user must, in the end, decide what is most beneficial to them. On one hand, with the popularity staying undiminished for fifty years it is clear that Methandienone will be here for the foreseeable future. Add to it the fact that when cycled and stacked correctly, and overdose avoided, the results achieved are phenomenal, it makes Methandienone the go-to steroid for any athlete. However, the controlled substance status, and the risk of jail time and hormonal imbalance makes it moderately dangerous. However please note that no amount of research is a substitute for getting professional advice from a physician. Be sure to check with your doctor before taking any performance-enhancing drug.