What is an AB Belt?
It is a belt that uses an electrical muscle stimulation that passes current throughout the body causing the muscles to contract. They contain small electrodes that are situated inside the belt and when it comes into contact with the skin it sends electric pulses that stimulate nerves around the abdominal area which produces a cool sensation.
The ab belt mimics the traditional workout by forcing the abdominal muscles to contract and over time the muscles are well toned and defined. Also helps to strengthen and tone the abdominal muscles by utilizing vibration stimulation for improved circulation. The belts contain adjustable settings that you can change the strength of the electrical current to suits one’s needs.
They are easy to use and can be used by people who are bedridden to help stop muscle atrophy and also by physical therapists for muscle retraining.
- Some ab belts contain a smartphone-driven app integration that helps you set toning goals, plan workouts, and track your progress and has a motivational aspect by sending alerts to remind users of their toning schedules and are sent to their phones and tablets.
- Some offer belt extensions to support users who have a larger waist size over 44 inches.
- Most are designed to tone, strengthen and firm the abdominal muscles.
- Most are FDA cleared and clinically proven to provide results in 6-8 weeks
- Contains ultimate toning technology that provides intense abs workout and maximum core strength.
- FDA cleared to be used for toning, firmness and strengthening abs muscles.
- Sleek design and lightweight to easily fit into peoples busy schedules
- Contains Ems technology used to cause contractions
- LCD audio and visual display
- 99resistant levels and 7 built-in programs.
- Contains an instruction manual, carry pouch, a set of 3 gel pads
- Ideal for beginners and advanced users
- Pre-programmed workouts and program guides installed to allow you time to adjust to new workouts
- Increase muscle density by automatically tightening and toning of your abs
- Saves time and money
- Offers the money back guarantee if bought from the manufacturer
- Good for weight loss
- Has durable gel pads
- Easy to install
- The adjustable intensity in three different areas the oblique right, left, oblique, lumbar, abdominal and back.
Benefits of AB Belt
- Made of breathable material which can be worn under normal clothes while doing exercises or as you go on with your daily routine.
- It helps one to exercise because the electronic impulses produced by the electrodes make you have deep sensations without having to endure painful and exhausting traditional exercises.
- It can help one relieve stress by increasing the body’s serotonin levels which cheats the brain cells responsible for improved sleep and mood.
- The ab belt improves body functions and increases the energy levels
- Can be used anywhere and anytime because once you set the right intensity on the electro pads you can enjoy many hours of a workout without getting tired.
- Helps in eliminating body fat by increasing the rate of metabolism
- Helps to improve blood circulation.
- Helps the body absorb more nutrients while the wastes and toxins are removed through perspiration.
- Helps in toning and strengthening by helping one define the abs regions and helps sculpt the stomach region.
- Can be used as a massager because the electrodes produced stimulates the tensed back muscles hence relieving tension.
Disadvantages of AB Belt
- The gels pads have to be replaced a lot and that costs an extra amount of money because they normally last for about 30 sessions before one needs to replace
- Some abs belt cannot be returned unless if it was purchased directly from the official website.
- Some manufacturing companies offer a trial period of 60 days only.
Things to consider before purchasing an AB belt
- Size – One should ensure that the ab belt purchased is adjustable and can fit your waist.A good ab belt when wrapped correctly around the midsection to strengthen the core and also improve the posture.
- Needs- Ensure that the AB Belt your purchasing caters to your immediate needs and wants because people purchase them for different purposes such as to improve posture, strengthen weak muscles and burning calories.
- That the ab belt is comfortable and the material used to manufacture it is breathable.
There are different types of AB Belts and we are going to look into a few;
- Smansen Ab belt – The ab belt can be used to tone and strengthen the muscles in the abdomen, thighs, biceps, quads, and legs providing a total body workout. Has adjustable settings to either increase or reduce the frequency. Contains 6 core programs and 10 intensity levels and a customer can customize each and every session. Uses electrical muscle stimulant to create strong muscle contractions which cause simultaneous relaxation and contraction of targeted muscles through small electrical impulses. To ensure total control the belt comes with an LCD controller.
- Easy body shredder – Contains an electrical muscle stimulant that transmits electric pulses to build up the muscle tone in the abdomen, arms, and thighs and also helps in working out oblique muscles as well as the upper and the lower abdominal muscles. Can be used while doing your daily chores because it is small and manufactured with a breathable material and contains a strap that is fully compatible to fit the leg and the arms and you can also use it to work on the quads. The gel pads can be changed after 20-30 sessions and you can use it for a minimum of 30 minutes daily. Contains a vector adjustment and two expansion belts which can be used to fit a variety of sizes.
- Slender tone Abs 7 Abdominal Muscle Toner – Used to provide firmness, strengthening and toning of ab muscles and has a rechargeable system that provides electrical stimulation and you can customize the intensity levels that you are comfortable with and can be used by both genders. The ab belt is comfortable to wear while doing your daily chores because it was manufactured using a breathable material. Has 3 medical grade adhesive pads and 10 programs which include 8 for initiation program and 2 additional AB crunch program. The belt contains 150 intensity levels for intense ab toning and maximum core strength and the controller is interchangeable and can be recharged. The ab belt can fit waist size 69-119 cm.
- The flex belt – Made of a breathable material that is easy to use and it is lightweight and when you where you don’t feel uncomfortable while wearing it and can perform your daily routine and the belt doesn’t hinder you. Can be used by people of all genders who are looking to tone and strengthen their abdominal muscles. The manufacturers offer a 60 full money back guarantee and offer a free ab belt extension for people who have larger waist sizes. They offer a meal planner which comes with the ab belt. Uses the electrical muscle stimulation to strengthen and abdominal muscles. The gel pads contain a special coating that helps it stick on the skin and targets the surrounding muscles including the side, upper and lower abdominal muscles and the pads transfer electric currents to your stomach nerve muscles making them a contract. The process imitates what the muscles would do during an actual crunch workout or sit-ups. It has adjustable settings whereby a user can lower or increase the frequencies and it is battery operated but has a charger that one can recharge the battery with.
- Slender tone Abs 3 Abdominal Muscle Toner– It is a muscle toning device that uses electrical muscle stimulant that stimulates the abdominal muscles and tones it and is ideal for both genders. Can be worn while performing daily chores because it is lightweight and has a breathable material can fit people within the range of 24”-46” waist inches and has an inbuilt LCD audio and visual display. Has three pads which cover the abdominal area and the manufacturer offer a 2yr warranty and is used all over the world by physical therapists and sports professionals. Contains 7 different programs with 99 intensity levels which stimulate the muscles to contract and relax as would do ab regular exercises. It powered by 3 AAA batteries and can be used for a minimum of 30 minutes and the 7 programs can be used by beginners to advanced levels.
How to Use the ab belt?
- First, start by positioning the contour well
- Press the On or Off button located at the M2 device on the contour
- Select your preferred workout level
- Stimulate your muscles by pushing the “Upper Body” or “Select” buttons on the screen.
These devices range on Amazon for 70 dollars at the lower side and more than 200 dollars on the upper side which depends on the features that are offered by each product.
Conclusion on Ab belt
Ab belts are a good investment for those people looking to spice up their work out routine and also newbies who want to incorporate it in their routine it has a lot of benefits for people who want to improve their overall health. I would recommend it for all genders because of the ultra-slick design that doesn’t show people you are working and one can keep it a secret until when you want to reveal your weight loss journey.