What is Coenzyme Q10?
CoQ10 is also named as Coenzyme Q10. This coenzyme is a protein which is obligatory for the delivering various tasks of enzymes in the body. It is like that of a vitamin, found in all units of our body. Our body needs energy for the development and protection of our cells. This energy is generated by the coenzyme Q10. There are many harmful molecules which cause damage to our cells. Thus, to protect our body from damages this coenzyme Q10 works as an antioxidant. These coenzymes are originated in little amounts in some sorts of foods. The larger amounts of coenzymes are found in heart, liver, and kidneys of animals. In vegetables such as broccoli, cauliflower, and spinach is the key resource of vitamin Coenzyme Q10.
Coenzyme Q10 assists in securing heart and emaciated muscles. It helps in the absorbing food and other tasks in the body. Different names of this coenzyme are vitamin Coenzyme Q10, ubiquinone, Q 10, and ubidecarenone.
Coenzymes contain vitamins. Vitamins are the necessary nutrients that any individual require in bounded quantity. These vitamins are crucial in developing multicellular living being. All the vitamins present in the food may or may not reach the body perfectly.
- The factors that affect these vitamins are water, air, light, and heat. For example: if we consider Vitamin K, it is insoluble in water, it is not exposed to air, and it is exposed to light, and not exposed to heat. Thus from this example, it’s clear that vitamin K is affected by the exposure to light. To be fit and healthy, consuming vitamins in a scheduled manner is preferred to avoid deficiency. Coenzymes are essential for the execution of enzymes and these enzymes will accelerate the chemical reactions and these enzymes contain proteins. All the three Coenzymes, vitamins, and enzymes are connected with one another.
- We know that there are many vitamins and they are categorized as water and fat-soluble vitamins.
- Water-soluble vitamins: These energy boosters are vitamin C, B1, B2, B3, B5, B9, B6, B12, choline, and biotin.
- Fat-soluble vitamins: These supplements are Vitamin A called as Retinol. Vitamin D is classified into two types as D2 and D3. D2 is called as Ergocalciferol, and D3 is called as cholecalciferol. Vitamin E is called as Tocopherol. Vitamin E is classified as α, β, and gamma. Vitamin K is classified as K1, K2, and K3. This vitamin K1 is called as Phylloquinone, K2 is called as Menaquinone, and K3 is named as menadione.
- The enzyme is the material created by existing creatures; perform as a medium to produce a definite biochemical feedback. These enzymes are classified into six types and they are:
- Oxidoreductases: It is the process of transferring the atoms of hydrogen and oxygen from one substrate to the other. Example: Dehydrogenases, and Oxidases.
- Transferases: It is the process of transferring a group which is specified from single substance to the other substance. That group may be phosphate or methyl group. Example: Transaminase, and Kinases.
- Hydrolases: It is the process of analyzing hydrogen from a substrate. Example: Esterases, and digestive enzymes.
- Isomerases: it is the process of changing the molecular form of a substance. Example: Phospho hexo isomerase, and fumarase.
- Lyases: It is the process of addition of a group to any substance or it is the process of removal of a nonhydrolytic group. Example: Decarboxylases, Aldolases.
- Ligases (Synthetases): It is also called as synthetases. It is the process of forming new bonds with the addition of two molecules. Example: citric acid, and synthetases.
These coenzymes are classified into two types they are the vitamin, and nonvitamin based.
Vitamin-based coenzyme: these coenzymes are originated from the food intake and they are converted into energy for doing our regular work. These vitamins allow many compound results in the body to execute different tasks. The responsibilities are to process nutrients, carbohydrates, and fats to control our nervous system. The coenzymes which lack in originality regulate the brain system.
- Ascorbic acid – (from vitamin C).
- Coenzyme A (from pantothenic acid or B5). quantity
- Coenzyme F420 (from riboflavin).
- Menaquinone (from vitamin K).
- NAD+ and NADP+ (from niacin).
- Tetrahydrofolic acid (from folic acid or B9).
Nonvitamin enzymes: these are not derived from vitamins. They transfer different chemicals between various enzymes.
- Adenosine triphosphate, which will transfer phosphates.
- S-Adenosyl methionine.
- Tetrahydromethanopterin and coenzyme M, which will transfer methyls.
- 3′-Phosphoadenosine-5′-phosphosulfate, which will transfer sulfates.
- Glutathione, coenzyme Q and coenzyme B, which will transfer electrons.
- Tetrahydrobiopterin, which will transfer oxygen and electrons.
- Cytidine triphosphate which will transfer lipid head groups and diacylglycerols.
- Nucleotide sugars which will transfer to monosaccharides.
- Methanofuran which will transfer formyls.
Uses: Vitamin Coenzyme Q10 helps in curing many diseases. These are preventing heart breakdown, cancer, and organs dystrophy. It also prevents gum diseases. It boosts energy; decrease the cause of medicines, and speedy recovery from many diseases related to heart, muscle and different organs in our body.
- Heart Failure: Few studies of coenzymes prove that this vitamin Coenzyme Q10 will help in recovering from the failures of heart. But it not perfectly proved that it will surely help in healing the entire disease.
- Cancer: In the year 1961, during research process on types of cancer like breast, lung, prostate, colon, kidney, pancreas, myeloma, and lymphoma, a little Coenzyme Q10 was found. After testing it was found very low CoQ10 levels. Thus this vitamin is used as the derivative cure for cancer and helps in building the immune system.
- Muscular dystrophy: Coenzyme Q10 facilitates many patients who are under observation for the treatment. The dosage prescribed to the muscular patients is 0.5 to 0.84 micrograms per ml. With this, there is certainly an improvement in the muscles.
During many case studies of breast cancer, thoroughly 41 women improved their immune system.
Along with Coenzyme Q10, a drug antitumor drug doxorubicin is maintained from harming the organs of the body mainly heart. The Doxorubicin is a type of chemotherapy used in treating the distinct class of cancers. It slows down the increase in the cancer units. This drug is exactly inserted into the stratum by a medical expert. If this Doxorubicin gets in touch with the skin, it may cause irritation so it off immediately.
The symptoms which make us feel that there is vitamin deficiency is muscle weakness, blood pressure level high or low, slowed down thinking, chest pain, heart failures, and attacks.
Is Coenzyme Q10 Safe?
Consuming the dosage of 100 mg per day is normal. If we consume more than that it may cause Sleeplessness. The mild side effects of consuming Vitamin Coenzyme Q10 are itchiness, vomiting, pain in the upper abdomen, sensitivity to brightness, irritation, headache, burning of heart, and weakness.
Cause for lowering the Coenzyme Q10 levels is the drug which is used to lower the cholesterol levels and also in lowering the blood sugar levels. Cholesterol is a kind of lipid in the blood. Some sort of lipid is necessary for our body. If this lipid exists much in our blood, it may stop in your arteries; thereby can causing the heart attack.
By consuming this vitamin Coenzyme Q10, diabetic patient’s intake of insulin is decreased. It also reduces the time taken by anticoagulant drugs. Anticoagulant medicines are generally called as blood thinners but this increases the time to form the lump in the blood.
This is the dietary supplement. In case of using a prescribed medicine along with your dietary supplement, proper consultation with the doctor regarding the supplements you prefer is necessary. If you take medicines along with the supplements without consulting doctor may lead to many serious side effects. These side effects are because of these additional boosters are not ordered by the food and drug administration. There are no proper investigations concerning the dietary supplements.
Coenzyme Q10 benefits to your skin: As we are familiar with collagen and elastin are essential to our skin. Collagen makes our skin firm, and elastin makes our skin flexible. If flexibility and firmness are lost then it causes folds and droops to our skin. It is an antioxidant.
The various skin benefits are:
- Rejuvenating and energizing the skin: skin will indicate the age. The younger you are, the younger is your skin and is healthy. Thus, the younger skin has needed less energy to repair damages to your skin and so the other skin types. This vitamin provides energy to uphold the covered layer called skin in a healthy condition.
- Protection against photo aging: the more you expose to sun the most your skin ages. As our sun is the greatest skin ager. This vitamin prevents aging the skin.
- Stimulates collagen production: Collagen is the major foundation in our skin. The more the levels of collagen in our skin, the most are the proteins. If there are more proteins, healthy is the skin.
- These are antioxidants that help in maintaining the healthy skin.
- Coenzyme Q10 Benefits to males: Q10 works like a policeman in the body which helps in blocking the activities that cause the body units to get damage. Thus this vitamin benefits males in their fertility.
- Q10 as the remedy for elevated blood force: we are aware that blood pressure is the very common condition for the diseases like heart attacks, various strokes, and kidney problems. Thus keeping up a constant blood pressure this vitamin Q10 is required. The dosage varies depending upon the health conditions.
- Dosage: the dosage of the elevated blood pressure is 225 – 250 mg per day and the dosage of the low blood pressure people is 200-300 mg per day.
- Coenzyme Q10 for weight loss benefits: weight loss with this Vitamin Coenzyme Q10 is very much difficult. The major thing to shed down the weight is to eat the food which is sugar-free and carbohydrates free. You have to follow your diet chart very seriously. Along with the food you eat, a proper supplement to enhance your energy is Coenzyme Q10.
- Coenzyme Q10 make stronger the hair: it is an antioxidant, which fights with the radicals to strengthen your hair. By cleaning our hair and removing dirt is not sufficient to gain healthy hair. Thus the use of this Vitamin Coenzyme Q10 will make healthy and bouncy hair. It is the finest way to control the loss of hair.
- Q10 to treat many genetic and inherited diseases: there are many genetic diseases or disorders. These disorders may be acquired and few are inherited. This disorder may be because of mitochondria malfunctioning. It negates the low energy impact and acquires the stamina to the maximum level. It boosts the immune system.
- Coenzyme Q10 levels of statin: these statins are extremely valuable drugs which are specially designed to lower the level of cholesterol. The major effects of statin are an ache in the body organs, damage to livers and kidneys, increased sugar levels in the blood, and type two diabetics. The serious problem which occurred is the rhabdomyolysis. It is the state where a muscle tissue is totally collapsed. This is the very delicate process and it should be treated carefully. The doctors handle this condition with much care and cure it with the help of fluids. The symptoms of rhabdomyolysis are many and they are muscle weakens, vomiting, confusion, sickness, soreness, low urine output with dark tea-colored urine, and infrequent urination.
The major cause of rhabdomyolysis is that this damage in the muscle can be physical, chemically, and genetic. Other than this there are a lot of likely causes and they are:
- Shock, high temperature, and energy: they may be heat stroke, burn, a car accident, shivering, a crush injury and a lightning hit.
- Genetic and metabolic disorders: these may be due to fats, carbohydrates, and many other foods like liver, and asparagus.
- Metabolic problems: low thyroid levels, developing ketones in the body and metabolic problems will surely imbalances the electrolyte.
- Genetic disorders: this will include carbonite deficiency and many more.
- Infections and inflammations: The viral, bacterial, dermatomyositis and polymyositis may cause rhabdomyolysis.
The medications and toxins will also create this problem. Thus based on this they are classified as
- Atorvastatin (Lipitor): it is a drug, and the brand name is Lipitor. It is consumed to improve the cholesterol stage and reduce the threat which sources heart attacks. it can be consumed while doing exercise, and shedding the weight.
- Rosuvastatin (Crestor): this drug is generally prescribed by the doctor. It is used to treat the cholesterol levels in the body. It mainly reduces the bad cholesterol and increases the good cholesterol levels in the body. The brand name for Rosuvastatin is a creator and is presented in the shape of a pill.
- Pravastatin (Pravachol): this drug is presented in the structure of a capsule with the brand name as Pravachol. Its function of this tablet is to decrease the bad cholesterol levels along with the triglycerides. Thus it reduces the danger of causing heart attacks.
The diagnosis for this rhabdomyolysis is treated by many test reports. These tests are to identify the conditions of kidneys and muscle. This is found by the investigating various enzymes and minerals.
The brain, heart, and skeletal muscles enzymes are creatine. The other enzyme present in blood and urine is creatinine and myoglobin is a protein found during a breakdown of muscles. Potassium is a mineral found in the injured bones and muscles.
This Rhabdomyolysis is generally treated by proper diagnosis with the help of investigation reports. The treatments options are fluid recovery, dialysis, medication, and many home remedies.
Foods: the major foods that provide us high Coenzyme Q10 are Grass eating beef, sesame seeds, Cauliflower, pistachio nuts, and broccoli.
Scientific based nutrition product: It is also called a doctor’s best, high absorption Coenzyme Q10, with Bioperine, 100 mg. This product consists of 60 veggie capsules. The specialty of this product is that it supports in fitness task, energy creation in cells, gluten free and naturally fermented.
Health Co- QVit CO-Q 10 enzyme 100mg contains 60 capsules. This product helps in producing energy to the special organs in our body. It deactivates the free radicals to lessen the aging consequences. It always maintains the level of vitamin Coenzyme Q10 in the body so as to keep the healthy organs in our body.
Thus this Coenzyme Q10 is the help in building the healthy body with proper consumption and mostly awareness regarding this vitamin Coenzyme Q10 is needed.