What is Fasoracetam?
Improving the cognitive abilities of the brain has always held a strong appeal to people, and this is even more important in the world today. Most people want to have better mental abilities than they currently pose, like better focus and multi-tasking abilities. However, most products that claim to provide this either lie about the effects or do not have results as significant as is required. Fasoracetam claims to be a revolutionary supplement that can significantly improve the cognitive abilities of the brain, particularly the memory and focus. However, can it really be different than the other nootropic drugs on the market? Let’s find out.
What are nootropic drugs?
Nootropic drugs, also called cognitive enhancers, are drugs that improve the cognitive abilities of a person. The known benefits include enhanced memory, creativity, focus and executive abilities. While nootropic drugs are considered quite safe, the debate around the use of nootropic drugs by healthy individuals (or individuals with normal brain capabilities) still continues, with arguments both for and against the use.,Fasoracetam is a nootropic drug that aims to improve the cognitive abilities of the brain. Even though it was created to treat Alzheimer’s, it is now widely used to improve mental sharpness and focus. People who require acute attention and multi-tasking skills in their daily lives find Fasoracetam to be a great drug.
How do Fasoracetam works?
Fasoracetam works primarily on three neuroreceptors: Glutamate, GABA, and Choline. All of these are associated with memory creation and retention. It aims to maximize the plasma absorption rate in the brain, which is attained in only an hour of undertaking the drug.
Another mechanism of Fasoracetam is to boost the production of acetylcholine and choline in the brain.
How to take it?
There are no fixed guidelines regarding the intake of Fasoracetam. Most users intake around 10mg of the drug on a daily basis. It is typically taken 3 times a day on an empty stomach. Larger dosage has been found to have more stimulating effects, but there are details regarding how much you should ideally take. Researchers dissuade the intake of 100mg or higher per day.
Are there any warnings?
Overdose often results in negative consequences like vomiting and nausea. However, it is not mentioned what exactly constitutes as an “overdose”, so you can take it at your own discretion or at the consultation of your doctor.
Pregnant women are advised against taking the drug. Gender is not a determining factor, but weight can be.
Why is it better than other nootropic drugs?
- Despite having a similar functionality to other drugs in the racetam family, Fasoracetam is different in the sense that it is absorbed into the bloodstream a lot faster.
- The effects are almost instantaneous. While the oxygen level boost could be felt within a few minutes, the cognitive effects could be observed within an hour.
- Fasoracetam does not inject any alien chemical into your body. Instead, it introduces choline (an important compound required by the brain) into the system, which in turn boosts the production of acetylcholine.
Can you combine it with other nootropic drugs?
Stacking Fasoracetam with other nootropic drugs is a common practice, aimed to get the benefits that Fasoracetam doesn’t provide and receive a wholesome cognitive boost.
Some common drugs Fasoracetam can be combined with are:
Both Coluracetam and Fasoracetam improve the acetylcholine levels in the brain, thus the combination gives you an even better memory power. Coluracetam has the ability to improve mood in individuals, which is necessary while taking nootropic drugs. Apart from that, both drugs are known to help in improving neurological disorders.
- Noopept and Choline
While both Noopept and Fasoracetam aim to improve the acetylcholine levels by introducing choline in the brain, ingesting additional Choline can hasten the process. In short, this combo can seriously improve the focus and logical abilities of a person. Additionally, it also improves the ability to multitask significantly.
What are the benefits?
Due to not being popular, there were not many user reviews or valid research info available on Fasoracetam. Following benefits were reported by at least some users:
- Improvement in the memory, with users being able to memorize and recall events to a better degree
- Improved ability to focus and be attentive to tasks in the daily life
- Improved ability to multi-task without getting disoriented
- Better overall mood without bouts of irritation
- Better motivation to begin new tasks or complete existing tasks
What are the side effects?
The primary factor that dissuades people from using Fasoracetam is the lack of research on the drug. Most researchers focus on finding the positive effects of Fasoracetam, which is why the negative effects are often neglected. There are simply not enough test cases to come up with the list of side-effects associated with the drug.
So far, following side-effects have been observed among people who used Fasoracetam:
- Light-headedness, especially after taking the drug for the first few times. It may or may not subside at later stages of the intake.
- Some people might display an allergic reaction to the drug.
- Some people felt a hot flushed sensation after taking the drug, although it was temporary.
- Headaches are common among people who used Fasoracetam.
- Many people faced disorientation and inability to organize their thoughts immediately after the intake. However, the effects subsided after some time.
- Some people also claimed that the drug affected their sex life, reducing the intensity of orgasms and sex drive.
The only (and the biggest) red flag about this product is the lack of research. For no clear reason, not enough research has been carried out on the compound. Most of the research that has been done was one animal, and the ones done on human subjects is not available for public view. Thus, all the benefits Fasoracetam claims cannot be backed up by enough data points.
Another red flag about Fasoracetam is that it is not FDA approved. While not all FDA-approved items are safe for health, those not approved by FDA certainly have a high probability of bringing harmfully. Also, as we mentioned, the side-effects were not well-researched and many more could exist. While Fasoracetam claims to improve the cognitive abilities of a human brain, the exact extent of these effects is not known and the reviews are divided on the issue.
Bottomline: While the supplement looks like a great supplement, the risk in trying out a relatively-unknown compound is too high. The best course of action would be to avoid it and wait for more research that confirms that Fasoracetam is indeed safe for human consumption. If you are looking for smart pills that actually work, we recommend you check out our top 3 nootropics supplements.