What is the ProForm 505 CST Treadmill
We are more likely to work out when we don’t have to cover long distances going to the gym. The more extended the period you spend on the road or preparing for the gym, the higher the chances that you’ll end up canceling the whole plan. For beginners especially, it is already hard enough getting the motivation to go to the gym so having to travel to get there only serves to increase the burden. So, why not bring the gym to you? This is a brilliant idea, but the biggest challenge for most people is the finances. A lot of the workout equipment is known to be very expensive and almost unaffordable for newbies. There are, however, some decent items that are brilliant entry level equipment offering you extensive features at affordable prices.
One of such equipment is the ProFrom 505 CST Treadmill. For its quality and features offered, the ProForm 505 CST is an unbelievable bargain. The included automatic incline is, for instance, an incredible feature that was initially only available on high-end treadmills. ProForm has somehow managed to add it in this Proform 505 CST without inflating its price. This is just a tip of the iceberg; there is so much more to get on this treadmill as you are going to see.
ProForm 505 CST Treadmill Features
The height of the Proform 505 CST is just under 5 feet. At the front, you’ll find two solid columns that go all the way to the ground, and these have improved the stability of the treadmill. The two columns then extend forming separate arms with wheels at the bottom. With the help of these wheels moving the treadmill is very easy and hence you can use it in any room and then conveniently move it away to its storage place. The rear end is supported with small plastic legs fitted with stoppers at the bottom. The stoppers will make sure that this Proform 505 CST does not make any markings on your hardwood floor and neither will they damage any carpet surfaces.
As a beginner, you probably do not know how to assemble a treadmill, and that’s why ProForm have made the job easy for you. This treadmill comes assembled, and the only thing you’re left to do is to lock and secure each item in its place. Disassembling it is also just as simple. You can fold the bottom base to the front columns tightly and then whisk the device anywhere in the house using the wheels at the bottom. As you can guess, therefore, the ProForm 505 CST isn’t just convenient for a buyer on a tight budget but is also decent if you don’t have much workout space in your house.
A 2.5 HP Mach Z motor powers the ProForm 505 CST. Within the drive system is a self-cooling technology that helps to prevent heat accumulation. There is also an axial fan that also serves to cool the motor while reducing noise production as much as possible. In the end, therefore, you get a relatively quiet drive system from which there is sufficient ventilation extending the motor’s lifespan significantly.
Getting a 6-inch backlit display in a treadmill of this size and at this price range is remarkable. It offers a large viewing option where you monitor various stats including calories burnt, time spent on it, heart rate and many other features. The console is then surrounded by multiple accessible buttons where you can easily maneuver from one setting to another even when you are doing 10mph on the treadmill.
You can also customize this console to display the various levels of intensity and incline through the black blocking system. The system will monitor all your workouts and prepare charts showing your performance after each workout.
In case you want your workouts to be more engaging you can turn the monitor into a track pattern where you can run through tracks recording your progress and best times.
The display is backlit with blue lighting which makes the whole equipment look so cool especially if you are using it in the dark. The lighting can transform your entire working environment delivering a motivating and relaxing mood.
A certified trainer creates the workout programs in ProForm 505 CST Treadmill. They include:
- 5 distance programs where you can run 3k, 5k, 10k, 10-miles and half a marathon. The breakdown here is incredible because it allows a beginner to have a running challenge that he/she can withstand and as their stamina grows the higher speeds will offer new challenges.
- 5 calorie-goals that feature 200 calories in 20 minutes at 5mph, 300 calories in 30 minutes 4mph at 5% incline, 400 calories in 40 minutes of 4.5mph at 8% incline, 500 calories in 40 minutes of 4.6mph at 8% incline and 600 calories in 40 minutes of 6.7mph at 2.5% incline.
- Five timed programs including 20 minutes of hill climbing, 30 minutes of tempo hill run, 50 minutes of a speed run, 60 minutes of tempo hill run and another 60 minutes hill run.
- Three manual programs. Each of these programs offers a unique challenge powering you to your workout goals. The three manual programs enable you to customize new challenges that meet your personal preferences.
iFit Live Technology
This is by far the most brilliant feature added here. In fact, it was hard to believe that any Proform 505 CST within this price range can feature this technology, but here we are. iFit presents advanced workouts featuring Google maps where you can run through almost any track in the world. It goes as far as mimicking the real representations of the terrain you’ve chosen! This offers vivid experiences that will definitely motivate you into working out more for faster results while enjoying new serenities.
You can store all your results on the iFit.com website that you can remotely access anywhere through your account. This technology is really exciting. You just can’t afford to miss out on this.
Speed and incline controls
The treadmill features quick speed controls that eliminate time wastage and also help with making the sure transition from one speed or incline to another is as smooth as possible. With the press of a single button, you can increase the speed of the Proform 505 CST from 0.5mph all the way to 10mph or anything else in between.
Through a one-degree increment, you can also raise the incline from 0 to 10 or any other level in the middle.
You’ll never be short of entertainment with this Proform 505 CST. The acoustic 2.0 sound system offers a variety of audio and media entertainment options that you can control through the console. The sound quality isn’t the best, but with the iPod and MP3 compatibility, you should be able to enjoy quality music entertainment throughout your workouts.
The Proform 505 CST has two storage cubbies, two water bottle holders and a tray where you can place your tablet or magazine.
ProForm 505 CST Treadmill Specs
- Dimensions: Height 59.5”, Length 70”, Width 34”,
- Weight: 186 lbs.
- Maximum supported weight: 300lbs.
- Running surface: 20 inches by 55 inches
- Speed range: 0-10 mph
- Incline range: 0-10%
- iFit tech compatibility
- Features ProShox Lite 3 cushioning
- Compatible with iPod and MP3 player
- Pulse grips that monitor heart rate
- The Proform 505 CST is uniquely comfortable thanks to the ProShox Lite 3 cushioning
- A user-friendly console that helps you navigate through various functions
- Easy to assemble
- 18 inbuilt programs offering various workout challenges
- At 2.5hp the motor is not the most powerful, but it still gets the job done properly and quietly. It is also long lasting
- The company offers decent warranties on the frame, motor and other parts
- The 20” by 55” running area is quite limiting. Tall people may have a difficult time training on this surface.
- The 10mph speed limit is also a bit too low especially for individuals who want interval training or sprint runs.
- The iFit technology accessories have to be bought separately
The verdict on the ProForm 505 CST
While we understand that the Proform 505 CST is not the most powerful and its speed limit isn’t as high as most of us would have loved, we still found the 505 CST as an incredible entry level equipment. It’s a solid investment that will help you achieve your workout and training goals without spending crazy amounts of money. It’s therefore, a decent buy for anyone on a tight budget that’s seeking a performance-oriented treadmill.