What is Prozemax and how does it work?
For men, after the age of 30 (and for some, before), testosterone production in the body naturally tends to go down, many men turn to male enhancement supplements to help with sexual problems caused by decreased testosterone. For some men, it is a question of libido. Whatever the reason, it is generally agreed that sexual problems are a sensitive subject. With a whole market of products dedicated to male performance and sexual enhancement, it is difficult to find a product that fits your needs in the most effective manner. Prozemax is one such male enhancement product on the market that aims to help men with sexual problems. This review will help you figure out if this product is right for you.
Prozemax is different from most male enhancement supplements because it is a topical product. Prozemax is a topical cream that when used, promises to work immediately and is designed to enhance sensation and the feeling of firmness. Prozemax also works as a sensation-enhancing lubricant.
There a surprisingly scientific process that goes into getting an erection. Achieving and maintaining an erection involves complex interactions of psychological, neural, vascular and endocrine factors. When a man becomes aroused, signals are sent to the nervous system which results in a release of nitric oxide. Nitric oxide is a vasodilator that encourages a strong blood flow. In the case of achieving an erection, the nitric oxide levels rise in the male reproductive organs causing the penis to fill with blood. Better blood flow means a better erection. Prozemax uses ingredients that promote the release of nitric oxide. Since it is topical, it can be assumed that Prozemax aims at increasing the positive effects of nitric oxide in a targeted manner.
The website provides special instruction and encourages customers to follow the “recommended Prozemax system usage program” for best results. It claims to work quickly and that most users will notice a difference in the first use but for best results, Prozemax recommended usage is broken into two stages, for first-time users they recommend the Initial Integration Phase followed by a maintenance phase. The Initial Integration phase is as follows:
- Week 1 : 4 applications
- Week 2- 3 : 5 applications per week
- Week 4-6 : 6 applications per week
- Week 7-8 : 5 applications per week
- Week 9-10 : 4 applications per week
- Week 11-12 : 3 application per week.
Once the Initial Integration Phase is completed, Prozemax recommends a Maintenance phase where the cream is applied at least 1 to 3 applications per week or as needed for an extra boost. Prozemax is meant to be applied just before sexual activity for most efficiency.
Who makes Prozemax?
Prozemax is a part of Next Gen Health Solution, LLC in New Rochelle, New York. The manufacturers take pride in their made in U.S.A products. Their website says that the sole focus of the company is to provide men and women with natural nitric oxide solutions specifically designed to enhance sexual performance. Prozemax commits to ethical business practices and is FDA compliant with GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) certification. On the website, they mention that Prozemax expects to receive GRAS (Generally Recognized as Safe) for its proprietary sexual health compounds, but there is no evidence that this certification has been received.
Ingredients in Prozemax
Prozemax uses a blend of ingredients that help it achieve what it claims.
Ingredients are: Water, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, 2-Methylpropanediol, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Ethoxydiglycol, Dimethicone, Behenyl Alcohol, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, Stearic Acid, Gynostemma, Pentaphyllum Extract, Menthyl Lactate, Phenoxyethanol, PEG-90M, Lactic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, L-Arginine, Polyquaternium 10, Tetrahexyl Decyl Ascorbate, Boswellia Serrata Extract, Xanthan Gum, Methylparaben, Niacin, Retinyl Palmitate, Sodium Hydroxide, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Oligohexapeptide, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, and Phytonadione.
Most of these ingredients in Prozemax are skin conditioning or moisturizing agents, which means that the cream itself will make skin smooth and supple, the application will definitely be easy and pleasant, but the active ingredients in the list of ingredients that help Prozemax perform as a topical solution for male sexual health are very few and almost easy to miss.
Active ingredients include:
- L-Arginine – This ingredient is a naturally produced protein compound that is composed of a few different amino acids. L-Arginine is one of the most well-known and clinically proven ways to increase the release of nitric oxide in the body. When L-Arginine enters the bloodstream (either by oral or topical methods), it converts to nitric oxide which is a powerful vasodilator. What this means is that nitric oxide causes arteries and veins to open up a little more, which allows a stronger and better flow of blood. This makes nitric oxide a powerful tool in improving male problems with erections. Proper, healthy erectile function relies on good blood flow to divert enough blood to the penis without compromising other biological bodily functions. Better, the healthier flow of blood can allow erections to reach their maximum potential, which can appear as temporary growth in size and girth. When used topically, L-Arginine can help target the production of nitric oxide and so target the betterment of blood flow in the specific areas where the cream is applied. Prozemax uses this to help target effectiveness of the cream to the male reproductive organs.
- Niacin – Also known as Vitamin B-3, Niacin is also used to target better blood flow in specific areas in the Prozemax formula. Niacin, however, works differently from L-Arginine. Niacin works by mobilizing fat cells and dilating blood vessels. It is commonly used to treat heart disease as it helps in the prevention of blood clots. It is water soluble, and normally taken orally. Niacin also has a very common side effect called the “Niacin flush”, this is a warm sensation caused by the dilation of blood vessels. In Prozemax, this side effect is actually a positive effect as it enhances a pleasurable sensation.
- Leucine – This ingredient is a popular amino acid that is very commonly used by bodybuilders and gym goers. Leucine is used by the body to help build muscle and provide energy, it also helps improve strength and muscle recovery. In Prozemax is can be assumed that the function of Leucine is to help grow the size of the penis while providing energy for better stamina.
While the list of ingredients looks very long. Most of the ingredients aim to help make the cream silky and long-lasting, which is great for a lubricant.
Prozemax claims to work in a few ways that will help men dealing with sexual problems.
- Instant results
- Better endurance
- Bigger Erection
- Pleasant sensation
- Ease of use
Prozemax is also fragrance-free, which is great for those with sensitivity toward scent.
Things to watch out for
There appear to be quite a few things that work against Prozemax. Firstly, the majority of the ingredients in Prozemax are there to provide texture and lasting power to the cream itself. This would make Prozemax a fantastic lubricant. The active ingredients for helping with male sexual problems are significantly few, with L-Arginine being the only real ingredient contributing to better erections.
Another problem with Prozemax is the recommended usage. At first glance, because it mostly recommended to be used before sexual activity or self-pleasuring, it can be assumed that there is little commitment to the usage of the product and you don’t have to remember to do it on a regular basis as you might have to with a similar product that would be taken orally, like a dietary supplement. When you look closer, however, you notice that they have a recommended usage system that spans 12 weeks with varying usage between weeks. This seems overly complicated and also seems like a way to sell more cream.
Prozemax comes in 2 oz (56 grams) size that is meant to be used as a one month supply. At $39.99, this is definitely an expensive option, especially when you consider the recommended 12-week initial integration phase means you need at least 3 to start with. Higher purchases do come with a discount, but it is still fairly expensive.
There isn’t much clinical proof of how Prozemax works, but the website claims that a toxicity study on rats proved no toxicity. In general, their claims of clinical proof are largely unfounded.
Finally, there are many male enhancement supplements on the market that are aimed specifically at improving sexual health and problems, many of these are natural or all natural. Prozemax is not a natural product and before usage, it would be imperative to conduct a patch test to make sure no allergic reaction occurs.
Final Say on Prozemax
The negatives that are stacked against Prozemax are concerning enough to make most men consider other more effective options, but because this product has received some mixed reviews, it could be considered as a product that works, but we would recommend that Prozemax be used in combination with a male enhancement dietary supplement for maximum all-around effectiveness.