Test Freak Overview
It’s almost impossible to go through a fitness magazine and not come across a commercial from Pharmafreak. On the launch of new products Pharmafreak always go harm on the adverts with all sorts of celebrities and gorgeous women. If there is one thing that they have been exceptional on is probably in advertising. So what is this colorful supplement all about and is there anything substantial past the cool, flashy and sexy marketing?
It’s inevitable to avoid dropping levels of testosterone in your body. A lot of people experience testosterone deficiency between the ages of 25 to 30, and if they do not supplement this hormone, they start developing some health problems. Testosterone insufficiency leads to increased body fat levels, reduced sex drive, loss of stamina and poor muscle growth.
Test freak has been developed to prevent all these problems by increasing levels of testosterone in your body. Pharmfreak call this product a “Natural Testosterone booster.” This is the sort of supplement that is not supposed to increase testosterone levels by itself but is instead responsible for stimulating your body to produce more of its natural testosterone. If you are hence looking to improve your muscles the natural way, then this is a product for you.
Pharmafreak was founded by Don Gauvreau and Alex Savva in 2008 and has been one of the most dedicated companies investing in research and development of the world’s most potent supplements. Or at least they claim to be. Test freak has been one of their biggest trending supplements mainly used by older athletes that are looking for better hormonal balance.
How is Test Freak different from anabolic steroids?
This is a prevalent question, mainly because this supplement is advertised alongside anabolic steroids yet claims to be different from them. The only reason we can think of for this kind of marketing by the producers is to make them look and sound stronger in front of a bigger audience and that’s all. The supplement, however, is entirely different from anabolic steroids. It does not contain testosterone but merely contains vitamins and herbs for triggering your body to secrete its own.
Test Freak Ingredients
Phramafreak has tried to be a bit more transparent in telling their customers what these products contain. They have listed down the primary minerals with their respective dosage levels. Some of these include magnesium, zinc and Vitamin B6 and they are some of the critical things I’d be looking for in a product if I had testosterone deficiency.
The story is however different when you come to the hybrid pro testosterone Test Freak. In this proprietary blend formula, there is no way of telling how much of any ingredient is added in there. You hence can’t know the quality of the product and its effectiveness. For this reason, mixing the supplement with other products becomes a challenge unless of course, you have magical intuitions.
Some of the essential ingredients are:
- Zinc Acetate – A lot of men out there have a significant deficiency of this mineral and don’t even know it. It is a vital mineral that helps in increasing testosterone levels. Presence of zinc triggers luteinizing hormone and the secretion of testosterone in your testes. There is 30mg of Zinc Acetate in Test Freak which is a large and excellent quantity that helps to deliver results.
- Vitamin B6 – vitamin B6 in this supplement exists in the form of Pyridoxine Hydrochloride. It helps with enhancing metabolic, enzymatic and hormonal functions. It plays a supporting role in ensuring that a beneficial balance is maintained between estrogen and testosterone levels. The dosages of Vitamin B6 in this supplement are sufficient.
- Magnesium – Magnesium is scientifically proven to be capable of increasing free testosterone, and there are enough clinical studies to confirm this. Sex Hormone Binding Globulin (SHGB) can be stimulated to release testosterone which then becomes available for use in other functions. Magnesium, therefore, helps in the freeing of this hormone from the SHGB. Test Freak contains 90mg of magnesium in the form of magnesium citrate. 90mg of magnesium is a bit too low considering how useful the mineral is but it’s better than nothing isn’t it?
The supplement is also made up of some Proprietary testosterone support complex. This contains different kinds of ingredients some of which we can’t help but wonder why they were included in the formula yet they’re mostly experimental. These include:
- Fenugreek – Test Freak contains two extracts of fenugreek, i.e., Testofen and Trigotest. Fenugreek is a flowering plant belonging to the pea family whose seed extracts have evidently been boosting libido. It assists in the regulation of blood sugar levels thus controlling the production of insulin. High insulin levels cause reduced production of testosterone. A decrease of insulin will, therefore, increase testosterone and that’s why the plant is included in the supplement. The fenugreek is useful in boosting testosterone levels, but its results are unpredictable. Some people complain that it never works for them while others talk of increased estrogen.
- Tribulus Terrestris – It is another herb claiming to be a brilliant libido booster. It also talks about improving immunity and has been used as a testosterone supplement in the past. There’s 100mg of this herb in Test Freak, but unfortunately, there aren’t enough tests by independent laboratories to confirm its efficacy as a testosterone booster.
Other proprietary ingredients contained here are Estrogen Support Complex that has Apigenin, Hesperidin and Resveratrol and the DHT Support Complex made of Saw Palmetto and Stinging Nettle Extracts.
How to take Test Freak
Test Freak comes in capsules. A single cycle of this supplement is supposed to last for around eight weeks. It is recommended that after eight weeks you should stop using the supplement and go for a two weeks break. In case you’d wish to continue with the drug then you can do so after the break period.
You are supposed to take four capsules each day before going to bed. The pills are more efficient on an empty stomach, and hence you should always wait for 30 minutes or so before taking them.
Benefits of using Test Freak
Some of the benefits that you can expect from test Freak include:
- An increase in natural testosterone levels.
- The ingredients contained in this supplement could also help to increase your libido and reduce other sexual dysfunction issues.
- An increase in testosterone will result in benefits such as improved energy and strength levels. This helps you to lift heavier weights for more hours.
- It is also formulated to enhance your sleep quality. A warm, deep and more comfortable sleep will fasten muscle growth and improved growth hormone releases into your system.
Potential Side Effects
One of the good news linked to the use of Test Freak is that there is hardly any side effects experienced. Most of its ingredients are natural thus reducing chances of adverse effects. The formula also contains an Anti-DHT agent that prevents the conversion of testosterone to DHT which is usually the reason for most side effects caused by other testosterone boosters. A few reported side effects were about swollen testicles, causing a sickly sweat, increased anger, and dehydration.
Where can I buy Test Freak?
Test Freak is available in various online retailing stores including Amazon. The supplement is, however, quite expensive raising the question of whether it is good enough to justify the cost.
After a brief research online you will see some decent reviews about this product. If you are keen enough, you will notice that very few people are talking great things about its performance. Also, you will see some negative reviews. Here are two of the testimonials:
“I got this supplement and started using it as directed. Four weeks down the line I’m yet to experience any positive or negative results. I think I’ll be looking for something different now.” By Dennis Bivens.
“A few days after using this supplement I noticed an amazing change. A few weeks later though, the impact started stalling. It seemed as if the benefits disappeared just as fast as they appeared. My libido went down and energy levels dropped. I don’t know why but you just can’t hold on to the benefits of this supplement.” By CamSTL
The rigorous marketing done by Pharmafreak can almost give you the impression that Test Freak is bringing you Heaven and nothing less. To give credit where it’s due, this product indeed seems to enhance libido while increasing testosterone in some men.
We, however, have a problem on most of the ingredients contained in this supplement. Pharmafreak seems to have filled this product with too many experimental elements that we are yet to see enough evidence of their benefits. This makes us wonder whether we’ll actually be getting the testosterone benefits or we are just filling our bodies with junk.
Another issue is that the supplement is majorly based on ZMA and therefore we can’t really see it offering any other benefits. So if all I’m going to enjoy are ZMA related benefits then why would I buy it instead of a standard ZMA product that costs a lot less?